Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hayom Yom shadow box....

Since I haven't taken photos of anything new I'll show a shadow box someone asked me to make as a gift to her husband. It represents his birth-day in "Hayom Yom", which is a book of daily Jewish inspiration. His birth date, obviously, had a lot to do with happiness, music and tefillin. The black printed figures are actually suspended from invisible thread attached to a hook on the ceiling of the box. They float and twirl. I painted the background watercolors. The bookcase is made of match boxes stacked up and painted. Check out my handiwork with the rug, the lit! candlesticks, wine cup, hand embroidered challah cover! I decoupaged the frame of the box with the daily phrases and what's better than finishing it all off with some metallic threads?! The books, wine bottle and table are dollhouse furniture. Hm...you know...I could easily turn into a miniatures and dollhouse fanatic. I'd be one of those old ladies the neighborhood children would vist just to check out what's the latest with my crazed dollhouse. I'd have it decorated for every Jewish holiday in handcut bitsy papers, all in scale and so, so perfect. I can see it now....aaah.....

No comments:

Post a Comment